www.wbsedcl.in Payment of Electricity Bill Online in West Bengal State and Duplicate Bill Download

1. priya.tyagi

priya.tyagi Member

www.wbsedcl.in Payment of Electricity Bill Online in West Bengal Through West Bengal State Electricity Board
    The West Bengal State Electricity Board (WBSEB) was a West Bengal state-owned regulation Board of West Bengal. The WBSEB is established on 1st May 1995 and dissolved on 31st March 2007. The WBSEB was restructured and divided into two independent companies namely West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) and West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (WBSETCL). The WBSEB is restructured on 1st April 2007 under the provisions of West Bengal Power Reform Scheme 2007.

The West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company limited (WBSETCL) is responsible for transmission of power in the state at different levels as 66 KV, 132 KV, 220 KV and 400 KV. The WBSETCL also awarded with Best Power Availability award in India for the year 2007- 2008 from the Ministry of Power Government of India.

The West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) is solely responsible for distribution of electricity in West Bengal state at 33 KV level or below. The WBSEDCL came into existence on 1st April 2007. The WBSEDCL power utility with customer strength over 1.65 crore, 5 zones, 19 regional offices, 67 distribution divisions and 490 customer care center. The WBSEDCL serves 96% of West Bengal covering village to huge industrial units. The WBSEDCL is taking strong actions relating to those citizens do not pay their electricity bill. The customers who don’t pay bill originated by the department, the department started cutting their connection.

Due to the increasing demand of power in India country, affecting economic activities. But the west Bengal is the state which produces power more than its demand and it has also additional 300 crore units sold. The reason behind the more production of power is that the demand if power is stable at the start. The state sells the extra power on high cost. The Power Distribution Company is associated with the West Bengal State Electricity distribution Company Limited and has 10% more than the demand in the state West Bengal.

Procedures for Payment of Electricity Bill Online in West Bengal State
    The official website of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) is providing the facility of online submission of the electricity bill. The website provides the online gateway through which all citizens of West Bengal State can pay their due bill amount against Credit Card, Debit Card or by Net Banking. The portal with online electricity bill payment also provides call center numbers, the application form for several purposes like replacement of meter, for the new connection, and many other purposes, complaint registration in case of grievance or any problem. You can pay electricity bill through two ways for payment of electricity bill. See below procedure for payment of electricity bill in West Bengal state.
    • PROCEDURE FIRST: - E- Payment through Registration
    Go to the web page of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) from here:

Click to above link and open home page WBSEDCL. For making payment of electricity bill you have to make registration. For registration, click on below link.

Now on the above page, enter customer ID given on your bill and click to Continue button. On next page provides details as the name address mobile number, Email ID etc. and complete registration process. After this, you will receive your username and password through mail or SMS. After registration came back to home page of WBSEDCL and click to Pay Bill link. Redirect on next page to you or directly visit the page through below link.

On this page, click on the E- payment for registered consumers. On next page available, log in with received username and password by the department. And on next page check your bill amount and take print of your bill. Click to Pay button, select your mode of payment and next click to Make a Payment button.

• PROCEDURE SECOND: - Without Registration Payment of Electricity Bill
    Open the official portal of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL).

Here on the home page, click the Quick Pay link on the right panel of the page. It will redirect you to next page or directly go to this page, click on below link.

Here enter your consumer ID and captcha text and click to Proceed button. On next page, enter your mobile number or valid E-mail address because the receipt of payment is sent to you through SMS or mail on provided contact details. And click on View / Pay Button, select mode of payment.

Contact Details of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited
    In the case of any problem or grievance, the department provides helpline number for registration of complaint. Helpline numbers are different for different districts. See all helpline number below.

1. Consumers of Howrah, North and South 24 Pgs Districts, Hooghly and Bidhannagar can use this helpline number 1800-345-5520 for help.

2. Customers of Burdwan and Birbhum districts are able to make the call to helpline number 1800-345-3213 to assistance in case of help.

3. Citizens of Nadia and Murshidabad, Malda, use helpline number 1800-345-3215 to get help at any time and from anywhere.

4. Citizens living in Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Coachbehar, Uttar & Dakshin Dinajpur for help make the call to this helpline number 1800-345-3206.

5. Customers of Paschim & Purba Medinipur, Bankura, Purulia dial helpline number 1800-345-3212 and get all information and guidance.

If in case you are not satisfied with the help provided by the department or want to file the complaint relating to bill, meter, any officer or connection click to below link.

Submit your complaint and the authorized persons will help you and provide guidance and information for information or help in West Bengal state.

2. guest

guest Active Member

Authorities of Bagdah supply office is very bad nature.So kindly attention to WBSEDCL.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
  3. guest

guest Active Member

where should i download the duplicate bill copy of payment receipt.
    karnajit barman

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
  4. guest

guest Active Member

what application and how much money i have to give to officer for new connection.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
  5. guest

guest Active Member

6646254 check the status of bill payment online and download bill copy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  6. Payel

Payel Guest

I have make payment Balance deducted from my account online but it takes time to update by them. WBSEDCl should response quick.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. guest

guest Active Member

site not working,payment gateway not open .wbsedcl should upate

8. guest

guest Active Member

online payment gateway for electricity bill is not working. please send link to pay our bill payment.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2016
  9. guest

guest Active Member

21223315 please submit the payment of online electricity and download duplicate copy bill.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
  10. guest

guest Active Member

Purniammondal. where to check the payment status online

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  11. guest

guest Active Member

WBSEDCL online payment portals are not working. I have been trying since last 1 hour.

12. guest

guest Active Member

"This facility is currently not available ... Please try again later ". I am getting this msg. However I had paid online several times before without any issues. This time probably some site upgrade taking place and they have messed it up. God knows who and why they deploy these fellows....they simply mess up a running show. - Suvajit Bhaduri

13. guest

guest Active Member

I live outside of India ,since I have property in Kolkata, had signed up for electricity bill payment.But I cannot even open the page in the last 3 weeks.
    Wonder why?

14. I am too trying to pay electricity bill since last 2 weeks but the page is not opening.I have a flat in Kolkata and I am staying outside India. Can anybody say what is the problem?

15. guest

guest Active Member

I was also making payment online, now I can not because WBSEDCL portal not working. I got call from office for making payment offline to their office.
    It looks they spoiled the system first, and collecting money in cash, reasons are well understood. After some days it will be declared sick electricity board is running on loss, all money will be diverted. Some wrong plan might have working behind.

16. guest

guest Active Member

I want to know online payment system

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2017
  17. guest

guest Active Member

pl.send me how should I know the electric bill and how to send payment by mail address? My
    mail address is nirmalm170@gmail.com
    Consumer ID -- 123027968
    I am a bilateral amputee and age is 74+yrs

Draft saved Draft deleted